Support YWO
YWO Merchandise
The Book Despository
Amazon.com (US)
Amazon.co.uk (UK)
Amazon.ca (Canada)

SBS Mag

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 06:13 PM View Post #11 (Link)
Shaun (Offline)
Dead Person

Times Thanked: 142
I don't have time to take care of a cat.

Tumblr!

Read my published fiction and non-fiction!

And check out The World in the Satin Bag novel podcast. Help me become rich and donate!

My Random Stuff:
--The World in the Satin Bag: My science fiction, fantasy, and writing blog!
--Check out Cheese & Crackers Original and Cheese & Crackers Superheroes
--The Skiffy and Fanty Show
--Duke and Zink Do America (Political Podcast)

YWO Stuff:
--Buy Survival By Storytelling Magazine (Issue One is available!) Support fellow YWO writers!
--And don't forget to buy something from YWO's Zazzle Store!
--Follow YWO on Twitter.

Spoiler:
This is a call to arms, gather soldiers,
Time to go to war.
This is a battle song, brothers and sisters,
Time to go to war.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:25 PM View Post #12 (Link)
Spacepirate (Offline)
Creative Fanatic

Times Thanked: 99
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I don't have time to take care of a cat.
Doesn't have to be your cat.

We should have a virtual cat ... as a member.

And it could prowl along the forums, jumping from literary ledges to ledges in an attempt to create a much more relaxed environment. Cats are good for inspiration, and they might even be good critters. Just imagine the scene.

You're in real life and it's raining and there's no feline in sight. You switch on your computer and you're greeted by the wonders that is YWO, yet there's something missing. And that something is a cat. And then everything is okay again because you spot its waving tail as it disappears into the poetry only section, jumping onto the words and playing with the poems like string.

We can find a pre-existing cat and give it a virtual identity (Descartes would be pleased), and we can let it press on the keys as if it were speaking. It would be hilarious to see something like:

Originally Posted by Hypothetical Thought Experiment
Spacepirate: I don't think this poem has enough imagery, and the imagery present isn't very well connected to the theme of love. The message goes especially wonky towards the end of the last stanza.
CocoTheCat:asdjuewfihdsuifwhee353 dnfjvdf
Tsuki: I agree with Spacey completely. But Coco, could you please clarify your point a little bit better.
CocoTheCat:sssssssssssssssssaiodjejoiadijefwd mkcgwruh4ew98
Shaun: I agree with Coco.
The possibilities (like Skittles) would be endless.

Cats are also fun.

And newbs will love them.

Oh, and we can make her (tabby, and called Coco, and it'll smell of chocolate) cough fur-balls onto trolls or the "bad people". Yes, it might poop a lot but we can get mods to clean it up. Isn't that what they're for? I jest about that part. I jest. Our lives would be so much more complete.

Spoiler:

I rest my case. Who's with me?! *rawr*

EDIT: If we were going to have a virtual cat, we'd need massive virtual windows and a burning hydrogen star. Win.

EDIT2: Oh, and if you don't comply, I'll bring my cat army and take you all on! You'll make this cat ever more sad.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Spacepirate; 05-30-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:36 PM View Post #13 (Link)
Rose (Offline)
Crit Trash Collector

Times Thanked: 454
Originally Posted by Spacepirate View Post
Doesn't have to be your cat.

We should have a virtual cat ... as a member.

And it could prowl along the forums, jumping from literary ledges to ledges in an attempt to create a much more relaxed environment. Cats are good for inspiration, and they might even be good critters. Just imagine the scene.

You're in real life and it's raining and there's no feline in sight. You switch on your computer and you're greeted by the wonders that is YWO, yet there's something missing. And that something is a cat. And then everything is okay again because you spot its waving tail as it disappears into the poetry only section, jumping onto the words and playing with the poems like string.

We can find a pre-existing cat and give it a virtual identity (Descartes would be pleased), and we can let it press on the keys as if it were speaking. It would be hilarious to see something like:

The possibilities (like Skittles) would be endless.

Cats are also fun.

And newbs will love them.

Oh, and we can make her (tabby, and called Coco, and it'll smell of chocolate) cough fur-balls onto trolls or the "bad people". Yes, it might poop a lot but we can get mods to clean it up. Isn't that what they're for? Our lives would be so much more complete.

Spoiler:

I rest my case. Who's with me?! *rawr*

EDIT: If we were going to have a virtual cat, we'd need massive virtual windows and a burning hydrogen star. Win.

EDIT2: Oh, and if you don't comply, I'll bring my cat army and take you all on! You'll make this cat ever more sad.

Spoiler:

Now that's an awesome suggestion, lovethemod'snewjobBTW

Old 05-30-2010, 07:36 PM View Post #14 (Link)
Shaun (Offline)
Dead Person

Times Thanked: 142
Yes, well go suggest names for the cat and stop clogging this thread with spam.

Tumblr!

Read my published fiction and non-fiction!

And check out The World in the Satin Bag novel podcast. Help me become rich and donate!

My Random Stuff:
--The World in the Satin Bag: My science fiction, fantasy, and writing blog!
--Check out Cheese & Crackers Original and Cheese & Crackers Superheroes
--The Skiffy and Fanty Show
--Duke and Zink Do America (Political Podcast)

YWO Stuff:
--Buy Survival By Storytelling Magazine (Issue One is available!) Support fellow YWO writers!
--And don't forget to buy something from YWO's Zazzle Store!
--Follow YWO on Twitter.

Spoiler:
This is a call to arms, gather soldiers,
Time to go to war.
This is a battle song, brothers and sisters,
Time to go to war.

Closed Thread